Wednesday, May 30, 2012

He's FREE!!

 This morning we were welcomed by Baby E in his open air crib!!  I don't know who was more excited me, B, or Logan!  Even Dr. Simpson was surprised to see him out of his isolette.  Our fabulous nurse Diane also discussed with the doctor increasing the amount of breast or bottle feeds per day that Easton can have.  Dr. Simpson agreed and Easton will be offered feeds by mouth as long as he is awake and cuing.  He is pretty easy to read when he is ready to eat; hands in mouth and rooting around!  Last night he was up to 5 lbs. 4 oz.!  He is still having about 1 episode a day where he drops his heart rate.  Hopefully he will outgrow those really soon so we can begin thinking about discharge.
I think his brother might have taught him this!

First bottle with Daddy

FINALLY!  Big brother got to snuggle the little one!

B and her boys!

B was a very patient Grandma, I believe it was worth the wait!

3 comments:

  1. hooray!!!! I am so happy for all of you. Easton, congratulations on all of your accomplishments. Can't wait to meet you. See you this weekend. Gramma and Popooli

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such great news, W fam. Nick and I have been rooting for the little baseball star, so happy to hear he's finally free! Love you and miss you guys. Can't wait for you to get the whole crew home together soon.

    Suzanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this update. I want to come snuggle that boy!

    ReplyDelete