Sunday, June 24, 2012

Easton's Crib (literally!)


Last week I put the finishing touches on Easton's room!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
 Most mommies fall in love with baby bedding from a store, purchase it, and put together a beautiful nursery to match.  Grandma B. will tell you that this is not the case with this mama!  I fell in love with the "groovy guitars" fabric by Michael Miller early after finding out that we were having a boy.  I researched where to purchase these fabrics in Kansas and went on a quest to do so, no dice!  So B did some searching and found everything we needed online.  One day I came home from work to find B and Aunt Kathy's sweat shop set up in my dining room!  Those ladies can sew!  They whipped together the curtains and bed skirt in one evening.
 Grandma B made the pillow that is on the chair where E and I cuddle up in the wee hours of the morning.
 Aunt Kathy made a beautiful quilt for Easton.  It is large enough to cover the both of us during the above mentioned cuddling!  The frog is on the back of the quilt.  It chokes me up everytime I read it.
 Kasey's bat that his dad gave him sits above Easton's closet.  It is a nice reminder of where his name came from.
 This is E's crib (which he still hasn't slept in!).  His name was actually up on the wall before he was born!  His middle name, Riggs, is after our wonderful fertility doctor.  It is an awesome name for an amazing kid and it also reminds us of the journey we went through to have him as part of our family.
 I love the paper lanterns hanging in E's room!  I almost broke my neck hanging them but they are so worth it!
The theme of the nursery is "Rock-a-bye Baby."  A friend of Kasey and made this cool artwork for Easton's room!  Thank you Jamie Pyle, it turned out better than I imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment