Monday, April 30, 2012

Evening update

It is really difficult to sleep in the hospital. There is the sound of the IV filling me with hot magnesium. The bright lights from the monitor don't help. Oh, and every time I close my eyes I replay a conversation with one of our doctors or think about all of the scary times we spent in the nicu with Logan. Instead of sleep I choose blotting for all of you wonderful folks that have been calling, texting, praying, and just keeping us in your thoughts. Logan and B came for a visit. They brought me flowers with a card signed by my big boy! Logan was a little worried about all of my tubes and wires but I think I eventually got 2 hugs! He was very interested in my ambulance ride and if it had flashing lights. He also told his baby brother to "stay put!" Good advice! We have spoke to a neonatologist, the social worker, and 2 ob/guns. Our short term goal is to get my contractions to stop. I have been on mag since 1 pm and so far the longest they have spaced out is every 6 minutes. I will get my 2nd steroid shot tomorrow morning. They help my little guy's lungs to mature. They are most effective when they have been on board for 24 hours after the final injection. So they would like to see me stay pregnant until Wednesday morning. I am obviously hoping for A LOT longer. I would love nothing more than for these contractions to stop so that I could have a drink of water! I have had only ice chips today and will not be given anything to eat or drink until contractions stop. I feel pretty positive for the time being. I am still pregnant. Baby E's heart rate looks great and he doesn't seem to be under any stress. There has been no more bleeding which is a good sign that there may not be any cervical change going on.I am in the best place for the baby and me and will continue to lay here enjoying the sound of his heartbeat and remember the first time we heard it in Dr. Riggs' office! I am going to cherish every little wiggle I feel from him because I know all too well how quickly this all can change. We love you all and thank you for your support! Once we get through the next couple of days we will let you know what we need help with. Did I mention Kasey is having no trouble sleeping in the hospital? Despite that he is on the world's skinniest fold out chair that keeps collapsing at the foot he is just snoring away! I am going to go know and await my 5th blood draw of the day and nosh on some ice! We will update you as we can, please pass our blog on to those who are not on facebook. Nighty-night!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I remember the no hospital sleep and the no food/water. I wasn't even allowed ice chips!!!!! Stay put Mr. E we'll meet you in June. Stay strong momma.

    ReplyDelete