Wednesday, April 25, 2012

29 Weeks 5 Days

We had a visit with our high-risk doctor for a growth scan.  Babies that have a placenta previa can have growth restrictions so they just want to make sure he is growing at a good rate.  Of course our "little" one is an over achiever!  He is measuring in the 80th percentile and weighs about 3 lbs. 13 oz!  He is currently measuring a week and a half ahead of schedule!  I am 29 weeks 5 days and he is as big as a 31 weeks 2 days baby!  The doctor said that all of his organs were functioning well and developed normally.  We even got to see his diaphragm move as he took some practice breaths!  The doctor even showed us all 10 fingers and 10 toes!

We did get another speech on the importance of having someone available at all times to get me to the hospital in case I start bleeding.  I asked him what the risk would be of waiting the 30 minutes for Kasey to get home from work to drive me the 20 minutes to the hospital and he said that in extreme situations I could bleed to death!  Yikes!  I guess I won't take my chances with that one!  

We did get some very cool pictures of the little guy.  Enjoy!
Sweet little face

 An up-the-nose shot with his pouty lips!
His hand and... 
his foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment