Thursday, May 29, 2014

Preschool Grad

*Sigh,* my BIG, little man has officially completed preschool.  It has been such a joy having him down the hall from me at Sunflower.  The moments when our paths crossed in the halls and he blew me a kiss or called out "love you mommy" will be forever etched on my heart!  
 Mrs. Wells has been amazing!  She has loved Logan from the moment she met him.  She encouraged him to come out of his shell and be a leader in class.  I could always count on his teachers to make him feel safe and valued each and every day.  He has grown so much over the last two years.  Logan is asking how to spell everything and reading environmental print.  He knows a handful of sight words and is picking out words in books.  As a kindergarten teacher I know he is ready, as a mommy I can barely believe that he is ready to be in ALL DAY kindergarten!
 This little charmer has made some great friendships and I found myself looking forward to our car rides home to find out which friend was the line leader.  One of my favorite friends is little Miss Alli!  She is a firecracker!
The day summer officially started Logan decided to break my heart just a bit more by making his own PB&J!  The best part is he took out a steak knife and told me, "don't worry mommy, I am being super careful with this!"  Geesh.  He wants to do it all, all by himself!  He even got his brother out of his crib the other day!  

In the chaos of the end of the school year, I found myself remembering a conversation with our favorite NICU doctor, Dr. Helin. We were asking if our 2 lb, 28-weeker would be "normal."  He could not alleviate our worries at that moment but today I know he is anything but normal.  He is our superhero!  He is the biggest kid in his class, smart, and hilarious.  The best part, no matter how big he is, he is still my little boy in need of kisses goodnight, mommy hugs to help heal the hurt, and numerous "I love yous."  Time seems to be clipping along so I am going to spend our summer soaking up my boys, even during the tough times!

No comments:

Post a Comment