Sunday, November 17, 2013

Baby E is 18 months!

It is unreal to me that my baby is already a year and a half!  I about feel over when Dr. Brunner said that she would see us in 6 months at Easton's 2 year appointment!!  He is as ornery as ever and thinks he is as big as his brother!  

His absolute favorite thing in the whole world continues to be balls.  From the moment he wakes up he is searching for a ball to tote around or launch across the room!  He also enjoys finding large sticks to use as a bat.  
 Easton is 34.5 inches tall and is in the 95th percentile for height!  This is shocking to both Kasey and I!  He is almost 27lbs. and is between the 50th and 75 percentile.  His head is large and he enjoys wearing hats!  He is between the 90-95th percentile for head circumference.
While we were at his well visit I asked Dr. Brunner what the last possible moment to stop his night time bottle.  She said "18 months."  Boo!!!  My baby is no longer a baby!  He also stopped taking his morning nap at Miss "Ta-Da's." I struggled with the lack of nighttime rocking, snuggle time, sloppy kisses, and talking of "tar-tars" (guitars), so I forced him to let me rock him.  It took him a couple of days but we've got our new routine down!  We read 2 books, then he pushes the button for his music, turns off the light, and shuts his door.  Then I ask him if he wants to go in his crib and he shakes his head and says, "naw."  When I ask him if he want to rock he nods and says, "ya."  Then we rock-a-bye with lots of snuggles, kisses, and songs!  This makes mama happy!

 He talks up a storm and loves to mimic his big brother!  Some of my favorite times are on the way to school in the morning.  We pass many cows which gets us on the "What does the cow/horse/goat/monster, etc. say" conversation.  Typically Easton will make a few animal sounds and by the fourth he will just put his hands out to the sides and shriek.  It is hilarious!  He also will say "HUMP DAY, WOOP, WOOP!"  Which is wildly funny!  We were at a birthday party the other day and for some reason the person leading it said "hump day" and Easton immediately said "woop-woop!"  Love my little comedian!
 Easton lives up to his bruiser nickname.  He constantly has a bonk on his forehead.  The day after his well child check I got a call at work from his daycare telling me he had hit his head on top of an already existing bonk.  She had her paramedic neighbor over and he thought he was okay but I should call the doctor.  The triage nurse told me that I needed to take him to Children's Mercy hospital to rule out a possible brain bleed.  Well, if you remember back to E's NICU stay he had a couple level 1 brain bleeds that sent mama into a tizzy.  So, my heart started to race and the tears welled up as we left school to take E back to the hospital.  Luckily he passed his neurological exam and we were sent home with a nasty goose egg.  Two weeks later he still has a bruise but at least the black eyes have gone away!
Obviously you can see how shaken up he is about being in the hospital!!
 He is currently obsessed with a baseball board book he dug up!  He loves to look at each picture and point out the balls.  Last night his big brother had baseball jammies on and Easton pointed to about 28 balls saying, "ball, ball, ball, ball, ball..."
Although I am sad to say good-bye to all of the baby related things I am super excited that he is growing, learning, and talking.  He adds so much laughter and love to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment