Last weekend we ventured out to Louisburg for their annual Cider Days. It was a beautiful, crisp, Fall day. Logan immediately wanted to try out the way-too-big for a toddler inflatable obstacle course. He loved bouncing through and was asking for "mo-mo" as soon as he was done!
His favorite part of the trip was watching the cider mill in action. We discuss the process several times a day:
1. Water (apples are washed with giant hoses in a big pool of water)
2. Up, up, up (the apples are carried up on a conveyor belt)
3. Dump (the apples are the dumped into a machine that begins smashing them)
4. Squeeze (a machine spins and squeezes all of the juice out of the apple mash)
5. Juicy (Logan gets apple cider delivered by...)
6. Daddy, donut.He also loved the pumpkins!